If you are looking for a varied work-out at home, but want a form of exercise that has a low impact on your joints, then why not consider investing in a cross-trainer?
Incorporating a cross-trainer into your fitness regime can bring with it many great benefits; for example it can help you:
• Lose weight and enjoy a full body workout: some consider cross-trainers more effective at burning calories than a treadmill or exercise bike. This is because they work more than one muscle group at the same time, providing an increased intensity workout. However, because cross-trainers are designed to mimic the natural movements of your body, what may feel like a brisk walk can actually burn the same amount of calories as a run.
• Low impact so better for your joints: Cross-trainers are also low-impact, which means that you can achieve a similar workout to that of jogging and running, but without the impact on your muscles and joints, associated with this type of exercise. Your feet don’t leave the supports on a cross-trainer so there is less impact on your knees, joints and back. This is particular beneficial if you have existing injuries or muscle pains, and can help in the recovery process.
• Maintain a healthy heart: exercising on a cross-trainer provides cardiovascular benefits – it is proven to strengthen your heart over continual use, thereby reducing your risk of heart problems in the future, such as heart attacks and strokes.
• Make maximum use of your time: A cross-trainer is simple and convenient to use and provides an entire body workout in less than thirty minutes, which is great news for many of us who’s busy lives often mean we have little time for exercise.
Working out from the comfort of your own home also puts you in control of the time you spend exercising. In gyms there are often queues for equipment, meaning that you can either be waiting to use a piece of equipment or rushing through your workout to allow others their turn. With a piece of home fitness equipment, you will no longer be subject to your gym’s opening times, as you can perform your exercise routine at a time that suits you and to fit around your own schedule.
Owning a piece of high quality home fitness equipment can also save you money, as the one off investment can bring you years of exercise. Lastly, there is now also a wealth of resources online, such as fitness plans and calories counters, to help you get the most of your workout.
Why not try the Nordic Track E11.5…
The NordicTrack E11.5 (£1,299 from www.nordictrack.co.uk) is designed to provide a varied workout, to help you achieve your goals as quickly as possible:
• The Power Stride incline ramp not only lets you adjust the stride path (the distance from the toe of the front pedal to the heel of the back pedal) between 20 and 22 inches but will also target different muscle groups as you train for a more complete workout.
• The Pedal Adjust feature lets you set the angle of the pedal to minimise heel-lift in your stride which reduces the risk of a sprain and offers greater comfort level then other home crosstrainers.
• You can vary your workout content by using one of the 30 built-in workouts or connecting to iFit Live and downloading new routines straight from the internet. There are personal trainer workouts or event specific programmes to choose from, or with iFit powered by GoogleMaps, you can plot a route around a different city each time you train.
• The integrated speaker system enables you to pedal to the beat of your favourite music, so no need for headphones!
And if that doesn’t convince you…
Once you have finished your workout, the E11.5 folds easily into a compact shape for storing when not in use.
So if you’re looking for a tailored workout to suit you, but without the worry of how it might impact on your joints; this smart piece of kit will help you stride to your goal!